Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Love of a child

As my son grows physically and emotionally so does his love. I've noticed how each and every time I come to pick him up after a day of work he hugs and kisses me more than ever. He says "I love you mom" and pop kisses me at least 10 times a day. I love it. I love how he always seems to smell like cookies and dirt. (the smell of boys im guessing) He can play with trains quietly or throw soft baseballs at my face and bust out in laughter. He counts to 15, knows his colors, and loves to talk about everything. His 3rd birthday is coming up and I cant believe it. Asking him to go outside is like offering a huge comfortable bed to me when Ive only had 2-3 hrs of sleep. Its an over excited emotion. An obvious yes, always. We played out with the water hose, ate popsicles, played with some left over sparklers, and caught lighting bugs when it got darker. I love this age and I know im going to miss it very soon. In a few years he'll be a pre-schooler, before I know it he'll be driving and graduating college. Just the thought scares me to death. It seems like only yesterday I found out I was going to be a mother, 3 years has come and gone so fast. No matter how big he gets I know I'll always have those special memories of when he was small, a baby opening his eyes for the first time, to when he started to crawl, walk, run, talk, count, to amaze me. I love my son and he loves his mommy.

1 comment:

Jessica Christy said...

This is so sweet! I love this =] And I know, it's amazing how much you miss the little things the more they grow.